How is a Kaleidescape Disc Vault added to a Premiere system or Cinema One?
When needing to add the Kaleidescape Disc Server to a Strato system, refer to: How is a Kaleidescape Disc Server added to a Strato system? Premiere Systems
Kaleidescape recommends no more than 10 disc vaults are linked to a single Premiere system. The DV700 and M700 Disc Vault must be configured from the browser interface. The Modular Disc Vault is not configured from the browser interface. When connected to the USB port of an M300 or M500 Player, the Modular Disc Vault automatically appears in the system.
One disc vault can be linked to a Cinema One (2nd generation) system from the on-screen user interface or the browser interface. A disc vault must have a wired network connection to be linked. When an M700 Disc Vault is linked to Cinema One, the player functionality of the disc vault is disabled. The out of production Modular Disc Vault cannot be linked to Cinema One.
On-screen User Interface
1. Press the Menu button on the Kaleidescape remote, or press Menu on the Remote Control page of the Kaleidescape iPad app, or press the Kaleidescape logo in the top left corner of a touch panel using a Kaleidescape control template.
2. Use the arrow buttons to highlight System, then select Settings. The Settings page appears.
3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Disc Vaults, then the right arrow to highlight Link new disc vault.
NOTE: If Link new disc vault is not listed, check that the vault is powered on and connected to the network (see Related Articles at the bottom of the page for more help).
4. Select Link Disc Vault.
5. Choose from the list of disc vaults that appear onscreen.
NOTE: It may take several minutes for the vault to join the system, particularly when a software update must be performed
The browser interface must be accessed from a device connected to the same local network as the Premiere system.
1. In the address bar of a web browser enter:
2. Find the message across the top of the page (directly below "kaleidescape") and click add a component. The ADD COMPONENT window appears.
NOTE: If add a component is not present in the message, check that the vault is powered on and connected to the network (see Related Articles at the bottom of the page for more help).
3. Find the vault and click the Add button.
NOTE: It may take several minutes for the vault to join the system, particularly when a software update must be performed.