For those times when you don’t have two hours to watch an entire movie but still want to enjoy a memorable experience with family and friends, the innovative scene creating capability of your Kaleidescape system lets you instantly jump to the very best moments in your favorite films – all without needing to skip through chapters, or access complicated disc menus.
Kaleidescape's team of movie buffs has handpicked and bookmarked many of the most iconic scenes and added them to the Movie Guide. You too can easily save the most unforgettable moments from your favorite movies, TV shows, concerts and musicals. The techniques described in this quick reference guide outline the steps needed to:
Create, edit, and save a new scene
Play a created scene
Name an unsaved scene
Rename a created scene
Forget a scene
Create, Edit and Save a New Scene
The following procedure describes the steps used to create, edit and save a new scene.
1. Select a movie and press the PLAY button.
2. Watch the movie or use the navigation buttons (fast-forward, reverse, chapter skip) to locate a favorite part of the movie.
3. Press the PAUSE button when at the start of the scene to be captured.
4. Press the Info or Playback Options button.
5. Use the right/left arrow buttons and scroll to New Scene.
6. Select Set Start of New Scene. See Figure 1.
7. To modify the start of the new scene, continue watching the movie or use the navigation buttons to locate the correct starting point. Tip: For quick access to playback options, the New Scene overlay can remain open during playback and navigation.
8. Press the PAUSE button.
9. Select Change Start of New Scene. See Figure 2.
Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the start of the new scene.
10. Find the end of the scene – using fast-forward, reverse or skipping chapters is fine – then press the PAUSE button.
11. Select Set End of New Scene. See Figure 3. Figure 3 Set the End of a New Scene.
12. To modify the end of the new scene, continue watching the movie or use the navigation buttons to locate the correct ending point.
13. Press the PAUSE button.
14. Select Change End of New Scene. See Figure 4.
Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the end of the new scene.
15. When you are ready to save the new scene, select Save New Scene. Use the onscreen keyboard and name the scene. See Figure 5.
NOTE: Once a scene is saved, the start and end of the scene can no longer be changed. If you wish to modify the start or end of the scene at a later time, do not save the scene.
16. To create multiple scenes from the same movie, repeat the steps described above giving each scene a unique name.
Play a Created Scene
A created scene can be accessed and played from any movie place including the Scenes collection on the Movie Collections page. The Scenes collection lists movies that include at least one scene. To view only a list of titles with scenes you created, select Show movies with scenes I marked.
1. Locate the movie.
2. Press OK to open details for the movie.
When opened from the Scenes collection, a list of scenes appears.
When opened from any other movie place, scroll down and select Play Scene to see a list of scenes.
3. Select the created scene and press the Play button. Scenes you create are designated with a See Figure 6.
Name an Unsaved Scene
When a scene is not saved, it retains the temporary name New Scene. A permanent name can be assigned by saving the scene.
1. Select the movie.
2. Scroll down to Save New Scene and press OK. See Figure 7.
3. Use the onscreen keyboards to name the scene. Select Done when finished. See Figure 8.
NOTE: A scene must be named before another scene from the same movie can be created.
Rename a Created Scene
Use the following procedure to rename a scene you created. Note: Scenes that are part of the Movie Guide cannot be renamed, but they can be forgotten. See the Forget a Scene section that follows. 1. Select the movie. 2. Scroll down to More Options and press OK. See Figure 9.
3. The More Options page appears. Select Rename Scene.
4. Locate the scene to be renamed and press OK. See Figure 10.
5. Use the onscreen keyboard to rename the scene. Select Done when finished. See Figure 11.
Forget a Scene
Use the following procedure to forget, or delete a scene.
1. Select the movie.
2. Scroll down to More Options and press OK.
3. Select Forget Scene.
4. Locate the scene to forget and press OK. See Figure 12.
5. When the Forget Scene box appears, select Yes, forget the scene to delete the scene or select No to keep the scene. See Figure 13.
NOTE: A forgotten user created scene cannot be restored. Note: A forgotten Movie Guide Scene can be restored from the browser interface. Select the movie to open the details page, and then click Restore this scene. See Figure 14.