Cinema One, Kaleidescape Alto and Kaleidescape Strato are activated via the onscreen display (OSD) during setup.
If you do not see the "SETTINGS" tab, the operating system (kOS) on your Kaleidescape System may not have been updated. Please confirm that the system is connected to the Internet, and contact Kaleidescape Support.
To complete the activation process, the system must be connected to the Internet.
NOTE: When adding a new component to an already activated Kaleidescape system, the new component does not need to be activated separately. The new component can simply be added to the already activated system.
On-screen User Interface
Kaleidescape Alto, Kaleidescape Strato and Kaleidescape Cinema One (2nd generation) can be activated from the on-screen user interface. Connect the player to a display to begin the process.
When first installed, a brand new player (from the factory) presents an initial setup screen where network settings must be configured. Once the network connection is configured and working, select Begin activation. Next, enter the email address using the on-screen keyboard, and then select Done. After the email address has been entered, select Finish to exit the initial setup menu. Follow the link in the email message to complete the activation process.
During the initial setup, the activation step can be skipped for testing and calibration purposes, and the reminder dismissed a limited number of times before activation must be completed. To accomplish this, simply select Finish, despite this option appearing unavailable, or "greyed-out".
When the initial setup screen is not presented, use the following steps to activate the system:
1. Press the Menu button on the Kaleidescape Remote, or press Menu on the Remote Control page of the Kaleidescape iPad App, or press the Kaleidescape logo in the top left corner of a touch panel using a Kaleidescape control template.
2. Use the arrow keys to highlight System, then select Settings. The Settings page appears.
3. Move down the screen and highlight Activation.
4. Select Begin activation.
5. Enter the email address using the onscreen keyboard and select Done when finished.
6. Check for an email message from email@example.com with activation instructions.
Click the link in the email message and follow the instructions to complete the activation process.
NOTE: The link is valid for 7 days. If it expires, restart the activation process.