How do I prevent a player from cataloging or importing discs?
The ability to catalog or import a disc can be disabled on one or more players in a Kaleidescape System. This may be useful, for example, in a child's bedroom or the guest cabin of a yacht. On an Encore system and Cinema One (2nd generation), the setting is configured in the on-screen user interface. On a Premiere system the setting is configured from the browser interface.
On-screen User Interface
1. Press the Menu button on the Kaleidescape Remote, or press Menu on the Remote Control page of the Kaleidescape iPad App, or press the Kaleidescape logo in the top left corner of a touch panel using a Kaleidescape control template.
2. Use the arrow buttons to highlight System, then select Settings. The Settings page appears.
3. Select General.
4. On Kaleidescape Alto, uncheck the box next to Allow cataloging of discs under the Cataloging Preferences section. On Cinema One, uncheck the box next to Allow importing or cataloging of discs under the Import and Cataloging Preferencessection.
The browser interface must be accessed from a device connected to the same local network as the Premiere system.
5. Press OK or Enter to uncheck the box. Importing and Cataloging of discs is now disabled.
1. Open a web browser and enter:
2. Click on the SETTINGS tab.
3. From the row of headings, select Components if not already selected.
4. Locate the player and from the Importing and Cataloging of Discs: pull down menu, select Do not allow.
To enable importing and cataloging of discs, follow steps 1 - 5, but at step 4, select Allow.
5. Click the OK button to the right.
Systems sold by Kaleidescape after November 30th, 2014 are not able to import CSS-protected DVDs. For more information, please visit www.kaleidescape.com/protected-dvds.
Encore systems do not support the import of discs. DVDs and Blu-ray discs may be cataloged so that they can be shown in the on-screen user interface, just like content downloaded from the Kaleidescape Movie Store.