CAUTION: Use small, soft dusting attachment. Large or hard tool attachments can scratch or damage. Be careful with large attachments on shop vacuum cleaners.
CAUTION: Hard drives are sensitive and susceptible to damage from shock. Use extreme care at all times when handling players with an internal hard drive such as Alto or Cinema One (2nd generation). Do not bump or drop. Failure to observe precautions can result in damage to the drive and loss of content.
The player must be powered off and cables disconnected before beginning cleaning procedures.
1. Locate the POWER button and power off.
NOTE: Kaleidescape mini players have no power button.
CAUTION: After power is off, wait at least 1 minute before handling a player with an internal hard drive such as Alto or Cinema One.
2. Disconnect power cord.
3. Disconnect all cables connected to the back of the player.
Cleaning Alto and Cinema One (2nd Generation)
1. Vacuum the front panel gray area air inlet scoop with a small, soft dusting brush attachment. See Figure 1.
Figure 1 Vacuuming Alto and Cinema One Air Inlet
2. Vacuum the rear air outlet grille. See Figure 2.
Figure 2 Vacuuming Alto and Cinema One Air Outlet Grille
3. Reconnect power, A/V and network cables, then wait for the player to power up.
4. Verify the player is operating normally.
Cleaning M500, 1080p, and Music Players and the Movie Player 2
Use the following procedures to clean the player.
1. Remove the front panel by pulling both sides of the panel away from the player. See Figure 3. This effort requires a bit of force. Three ball studs hold the front panel in place, one at each end and one to the right of the disc tray door.
Figure 3 Removing Front Panel of an M500 Player
2. Remove POWER, EJECT and IMPORT button caps from the component before cleaning.
3. Wipe outside of buttons with a lint-free cloth. See Figure 4. Inspect button stems. If dirty, carefully wipe clean; be careful not to disturb contacts at the other end of the stem.
Figure 4 Cleaning Button Caps
4. Vacuum the front and back of the front panel with a small, soft dusting brush attachment. Be sure the gray air intake grilles are cleared of dust and are not blocked by any other objects. See Figure 5.
Figure 5 Vacuuming M500 Player Air Intake Areas
5. Vacuum the front of player chassis. See Figure 6.
Figure 6 Vacuuming Front of M500 Player Chassis
6. Vacuum the rear air outlet. Use a small, soft dusting brush vacuum attachment. See Figure 7
Figure 7 Vacuuming M500 Player Air Outlet Area
7. Replace button caps so that the curvature of the buttons matches the curvature of the front cover and the icons are oriented correctly. See Figure 8.
Figure 8 Replacing Button Caps on an M500 Player
8. Replace the front panel. See Figure 9.
WARNING: Be careful not to damage buttons. Align buttons with holes and insert carefully.
Figure 9 Replacing Front Panel of an M500 Player
9. Reconnect power and network cables.
10. Press and release the POWER button, then wait for the player to power up.
11. Press the EJECT button to open the disc tray. See Figure 10.
Figure 10 Pressing the EJECT Button of an M500 Player
12. Use a lint-free cloth and clean the disc tray.
13. Reconnect A/V cables and verify the player is operating normally.
Cleaning the M300 Player and 1080p Mini Player
1. Vacuum the front panel gray area and white air inlet grille with a small, soft dusting brush attachment. See Figure 11.
Figure 11 Vacuuming M300 Player Air Inlet Grilles
2. Vacuum the rear air outlet grille. See Figure 12.
Figure 12 Vacuuming M300 Player Air Outlet Grille
3. Vacuum both side grilles. See Figure 13.
Figure 13 Vacuuming M300 Player Side Grilles
4. Reconnect power, A/V and network cables, then wait for the player to power up.
5. Verify the player is operating normally.
Cleaning the Movie Player and Reader
1. Vacuum both side grilles with a small, soft dusting brush attachment. See Figure 14.
Figure 14 Vacuuming Movie Player Side Grilles
2. Vacuum the rear air outlet grille. See Figure 15.
Figure 15 Vacuuming Movie Player Rear Outlet Grille
3. Connect the power, A/V and network cables.
4. Power on the component.
5. Verify the player is operating normally.
1. Vacuum both side grilles with a small, soft dusting brush attachment. See Figure 16.
Figure 16 Vacuuming Reader Side Grilles
2. Vacuum the top grilles. See Figure 17.
Figure 17 Vacuuming Reader Top Grilles
3. Vacuum the rear air outlet grilles. See Figure 18.
Figure 18 Vacuuming Reader Rear Outlet Grilles
4. Reconnect the power and network cables.
5. Power on the component.
6. Open the disc tray.
7. Use a lint-free cloth and clean the disc tray.
8. Verify the player is operating normally.
For additional information, contact Kaleidescape Support.