Use the following guidelines when installing system components to ensure proper clearance and ventilation. These guidelines apply to all installations including rack mounting. (Rack-mount hardware sold separately.)
- Mount components in a location with adequate ventilation.
- Check for proper grounding if installing components in a rack.
- Maintain a 2 in. (5 cm) clearance in back and a 1 in. (2.5 cm) clearance in front and on the sides.
Kaleidescape component power supplies are universal input and operate on any nominal line voltage between 100–240 V, and frequency between 50–60 Hz. Verify that power outlets are grounded, and preferably shielded from power surges and brownouts.
Kaleidescape recommends a grounded outlet with a high-quality surge protector for the power source for players and servers. A UPS is optional.
A Gigabit Ethernet network is recommended, and is required when Strato is used with any other Kaleidescape components. Connect Strato using a shielded Ethernet cable. The built-in Wi-Fi may be used when Strato is used as a single-component standalone system.
Before beginning the installation, determine the type of the display and audio equipment that will connect to your Strato.
Strato supports the following outputs:Video
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI). HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 are required for 4K Ultra HD content. HDMI 2.0a is required for HDR.
- HDMI (Digital stereo or multi-channel)
- Coaxial (Digital stereo or multi-channel)
- Optical (Digital stereo or multi-channel)